2010 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
Our Sauvignon Blanc represents what we believe to be the highest expression of this varietal—a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Musque, and Semillon from our Estate and from a handful of like-minded growers. We strive to create a vibrant, lovely, flavorful wine that pairs well with food. Due to its very limited production, this wine is offered only to our mailing list customers and to select restaurants around the country.
The 2010 is alive with vibrant, fresh acidity and perfectly balanced plush fruit characteristics. A very perfumey, floral nose with heady aromas of citrus and stone fruit is highlighted by wild sweet orange, apricot and ripe summer peaches. The beautifully integrated oak adds sweet cinnamon, honey and beeswax notes. A rich, fruit-filled palate with mineral expression and a soft, silky texture gives way to a lingering finish. Lovely, complex and smooth—simultaneously lush and lively!
Our continued appreciation and enthusiasm for Sauvignon Blanc is due to the fine work performed by our own estate vineyard crew and by a handful of meticulous farmers.
- July 1, 2011
- 2,624 cases of 750 ml.
- Spottswoode Estate, Sauvignon Blanc,
- Spottswoode Estate, Sauvignon Musque,
- Farina Vineyard, Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma
- Hyde Vineyards, Sauvignon Musque, Carneros
- Krupp Brothers Vineyards,
Sauvignon Blanc, Napa
- Larkmead Vineyards, Sauvignon Blanc, Calistoga
- Tofanelli Family Vineyard, Semillon, Calistoga
- 100% barrel fermented in French Oak, stainless steel, and concrete “cuves”
- 61% Sauvignon Blanc
- 36% Sauvignon Musque
- 3% Semillon
- $36 per 750 ml. bottle
- 60% Napa Valley
- 40% Sonoma Mountain
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Overview
- Growing a Family Wine Estate
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard from a Bird’s Eye View
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Background
- 2010 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2011 Field Book “Syrah”
- 2010 Field Book “Syrah”