estate cabernet sauvignon
2007 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Welcome the 2007 Cabernet. From inception, this lovely wine has promise d to impress, and impress it does! Endowed with silky, lengthy tannin, the 2007 is a delight.
Following a mild, warm and dry winter, bud break and bloom were ushered in without hesitation. With less soil moisture, our grapevine canopies stopped growing early and our vines set small clusters of little round berries. But what Mother Nature kept from us in crop volume, she made up for in quality. Summer was moderate, and fall brought comfortable temperatures with spotty light sprinkles. We had anticipated an early harvest, but the season lengthened and harvest came in right on time.
This wine is plush, rich and elegant. It seduces with forward fruit (picture a bowl of ripe berries), brown sugar mocha and buttery pastry. The 2007 is a big, structured wine that is beautifully integrated. Voluptuous and balanced with delicious concentration—this wine is the complete package!
- September 1, 2010
- 1,729 cases of 750 ml.
- 219 cases of magnums
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard
- Organically farmed since 1985
- Aged 22 months
- 100% French Oak
- (70% new barrels)
- 97% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3% Cabernet Franc
- $130 per 750 ml. bottle
- St. Helena, Napa Valley
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Overview
- Growing a Family Wine Estate
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard from a Bird’s Eye View
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Background
- 2010 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2011 Field Book “Syrah”
- 2010 Field Book “Syrah”