2009 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
Lyndenhurst…a former name of the Spottswoode Estate, so named to celebrate the beautiful Linden trees which surrounded the old gazebo; and the name of a wine we first released in 1995 (a Cabernet Franc), and then revived as a Cabernet Sauvignon in 2002.
This “insider” wine, known almost exclusively to our mailing list customers, exhibits serious complexity and at the same time exudes warmth and brightness. Spottswoode’s rich history as a family-owned wine estate, along with our deep winemaking expertise, allows us to craft a Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon that is true to our exacting standards, and that our customers trust will offer the exceptional quality, great integrity, and intensity of flavors that they have come to expect from our wines.
Our new Lyndenhurst label, with its deep red hue and bright countenance, speaks to and honors the history of the Spottswoode Estate, while also speaking to this wine’s beauty, vivacity, and drinkability. Our passionate attention to detail from the grapes all the way to the label on the bottle ensures a truly alluring, expressive, and delicious Cabernet of pronounced character that will grace your table and bring you great enjoyment!
Sourced from the Spottswoode Estate, the 2009 Lyndenhurst represents a selection of vineyard blocks chosen to produce a lush and approachable Cabernet. This wine is graceful in nature yet powerful and bright, with raspberries, milk-chocolate-covered cherries, and a dash of white pepper. The velvety tannins and dense cedar notes mesh beautifully with cassis and black tea, and the wine finishes with hints of nutmeg.
- May 1, 2012
- 727 cases of 750 ml.
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard
- Organically farmed since 1985
- Aged 20 months
- 100% French Oak
- (50% new barrels)
- 97% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3% Cabernet Franc
- $60 per 750 ml. bottle
- St. Helena, Napa Valley
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Overview
- Growing a Family Wine Estate
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard from a Bird’s Eye View
- Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery Background
- 2010 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2012 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2011 Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc
- 2010 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Field Book “Syrah”